Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Flying Scotsman


IMDB: The Flying Scotsman
  • OVERALL: 93
  • VISUAL: 92
  • STORY: 96
  • ACTING: 91
  • BETTER THAN: American Flyers
  • NOT AS GOOD AS: Triplets of Belleville (Les Triplettes de Belleville)
  • WAS MISSING: Journey's "What It Takes To Win" playing during every defeat and victory.
  • SEE IT FOR: Cycling at its greatest and most obsessive, as well as the (attempted?) overcoming of internal struggle far greater than any world record. Courageously brilliant.

2 comments:

Melissa Korpi said...

This was much more uplifting than "Triplets of Bellville." You should ass that terrible movie your depressing movies list. :)

Thomas Korpi said...

It's funny you mention that! Immediately after I made the list, I kicked myself for not adding Scotsman to it! I am doing that now! It was extremely tough because I loved Scotsman so much, but Belleville ranks only slightly higher in my book. The music and visuals were just too original to overlook! And, while I think Belleville can be depressing at parts, I don't think it's dealing with depression... so, not on the list. That is also why movies a lot of depressing movies about drug use didn't make the list, but while they were depressing to watch, the characters weren't centrally dealing with depression! Say that four times fast! lol