Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Braveheart

I have tried to get my wife to watch this numerous times by telling her it is a love story. For me, it is! It is one of the saddest and most compelling love stories I've seen! Talk about a man driven by passion! Still, once his first wife leaves the film, my wife shuts off. I don't blame her... that's one of the toughest scenes to watch no matter how many times you've seen it, at least for those of us with a heart!

You get plenty of action and witty Mel Gibsonisms, and the score for the movie is one of the best I've ever heard. To this day, any time I am trying to get somebody to wait or hold on, I annoyingly yell "HOLD... HOLD... HOLD!" If you don't get that, watch the movie again! That is an extremely intense scene and the music and visuals perfectly build to a fulfilling climax!

The quotes you can take away from this movie are endless, and for my dollar, the betrayal, scheming and battlefield hijinx in Braveheart stand alone at the top of the drama heap.

IMDB: Braveheart
  • OVERALL: 99
  • VISUAL: 99
  • STORY: 100
  • ACTING: 97
  • BETTER THAN: Apocalypto
  • NOT AS GOOD AS: For the genre, this IS the best!
  • WAS MISSING: More camera time for the women so my wife believes it's a love story!
  • SEE IT FOR: It's a love story! Really! James Horner's score perfectly frames the passion and betrayal.

No comments: